Our Directors have been involved with the rolling restoration programme for this Grade 1 listed building in Richmond Park.
Formerly a royal residence White Lodge now houses the Royal Ballet Lower School instructing students aged 11 to 16. The White Lodge Museum and Ballet resource Centre has also been opened there as part of the redevelopment project led by the ballet school.
The house was built as a hunting lodge for George II, completed in 1730 and occupied by a variety of distinguished residents until 1954. In 1955 the Sadlers Wells Ballet was granted the use of White Lodge on a permanent basis. The school was later granted a Royal Charter and became the Royal Ballet School in 1956. It is now recognised as one of the leading ballet schools in the world.
Comments are closed.